This course is suitable for nannies wishing to join the voluntary part of the OFSTED Childcare Register (OCR) and school staff who support first aiders. It is ideal for Au-pairs, babysitters and play/group leaders, who do not require Level 3 Paediatric first aid award or as an annual refresher course to complement a Level 3 award.
This one day (6 hour) course is delivered at your venue by a specialist paediatric nurse and includes both theory and practical sessions.
What you will learn:
- The role of a first aider
- Recording accidents and incidents
- Contents of a first aid kit
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Treatment of an unconscious infant and child
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation infant and child
- Choking: infant and child
- Cuts, bleeds, wounds and embedded objects
- Foreign objects in eyes, ears and nose
- Partial amputation
- Burns and scalds
- Bites and stings
- Head injuries and concussion
- Allergy and anaphylaxis
- Asthma, sickle cell and diabetes
- Recognition and management of fractures
Assessment: Continuous individual assessment provided by the trainer.
Certification: Valid for 1 year