This Paediatric First Aid course meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) statutory framework and OFSTED requirements for registered childminders and nannies. It is specifically designed for nurseries, schools, childminders, playgroup and youth leaders and others working with children.
This 2 day course is delivered at your venue by a highly experienced paediatric and includes both theory and practical sessions.
What you will learn?
- The role of a first aider
- Recording accidents and incidents
- Contents of a first aid kit
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Treatment of an unconscious baby and child
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation; baby and child
- Choking: baby and child
- Cuts, bleeds, wounds and embedded objects
- Foreign objects in eyes, ears and nose
- Eye injuries
- Partial amputation
- Burns and scalds
- Nose bleeds
- Bites and stings
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Head injuries and concussion
- Allergy & anaphylaxis
- Asthma, sickle cell and diabetes
- Recognition and management of fractures
Assessment: Continuous individual assessment provided by the trainer.